Friday, August 7, 2020

Question of the Day

 What’s more important to you – having a career or a family?

As much as I would like to say a career, the truth of the matter is. The family has come first time and time again. I have tried to do the work deal, but every time something came up that needed me at home for my family that is where I could be found. 

There are times when I did try to put the family on the back burner, such as when mom passed and I threw myself into work. That was not a bright idea to do, as it meant I wasn't dealing with her death directly as I really should have done so, but hindsight is 20/20. I can't change what I did, but I did change how I responded to my dad's passing and believe you me I so wanted to run away from the feelings and everything involved in it. But there is only me to deal with it, so deal with it I have had to do (though in truth I have been doing so in measured amounts, and still getting overwhelmed, unfortunately). 

I was raised to value my family and so what I can to care for it, even if it just now the two of us and our chosen friends who we consider to be part of our extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment